FREE shipping for all orders
Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins with Chocolate Ganache
August 18 2020·
August 18 2020·
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 - 15 minutes
- Makes 12
For the muffins:
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 medium oranges (seedless), 1 peeled, 1 unpeeled, cut into quarters
- 1 egg
- 100g butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- 1 x 80g block of Ola Pacifica Orange Chocolate, chopped into chunks
For the ganache:
- 1 x 80g block of Ola Pacifica Orange Chocolate, chopped
- 80ml cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and line a medium muffin tray with 12 paper muffin cases.
Make the muffins:
- In a large bowl sift together flour and baking soda.
- Add sugar and Ola Pacifica Orange Chocolate chunks and whisk to combine (or the chocolate chunks can be placed on top of the muffin mixture before baking, if the muffins are not going to be iced with ganache)
- Use a blender or nutribullet to blend the oranges and egg until smooth.
- Add all wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin cases, so that they are no more than ¾ full, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
Make the ganache:
- Place the chopped Ola Pacifica Orange Chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Heat the cream in a pot or microwave until almost boiling (bubbles will start to form around the edge of the pot or bowl)
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and leave to stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate is fully melted into the cream - it may not look like it will come together, but it will.
- When the ganache is still warm, it can be used to drizzle over muffins, or dip muffins into.
- When the ganache is cooled it becomes thicker, and it can be whipped with an electric beater or by hand with a wooden spoon, to be used as a luscious, whipped topping.